- 150g chopped orange sweet potato
- 1-2 teaspoons melted coconut oil
- 150g quinoa
- 100g shredded kale
- 3 tablespoons finley chopped mint
- 3 tablespoons of chopped flat leaf parsley
- 1/2 red onion, diced
- 40g chopped almonds
- 2 tablespoons of pumpkin seeds
- 1 tablespoon tahini
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon pomegranate molasses
- 1/2 teaspoon himalayan salt, or to taste
- 1 teaspoon of maple syrup
Preheat the oven to 170 C (325 F)
Coat the sweet potato with the coconut oil, place on a baking tray and bake for 20-25 minutes, or until tender.
Meanwhile, place the quinoa in a small saucepan with 310ml (10.3/4 fl oz/1.1/4 cups) water and bring to the boil. Reduce the heat and simmer for 10 minutes or until the quinoa is cooked.
Place the roasted sweet potato in a large bowl, along with the quinoa, kale mint, parsley and onion. Gently mix together.
To make the dressing, whisk the tahini and lemon juice in a small bowl until combined. Whisk in the pomegranate mollasses, salt and 1-2 teaspoons water until smooth. Taste, adjust for seasoning and add the maple syrup if you would like it a little sweeter.
Pour the dressing over the salad, top with almonds ans pumpkin seeds and serve.